Are you thinking about going on an adventure spree? Travelling to explore the world alone or to stress out some precious moments with your dear ones? Be it any kind of travel, there are some must-do preparations before you set out your wings. A lot depends on the nature of your travel, whether planned or unplanned and whether alone or in groups. This article tries to brief about the necessary considerations from your side for any kind of voyages.
Destination determines the extent of risk
Imagine you have a sudden sprout of an idea to ease out and freshen up yourselves through a trip. The idea may be totally unplanned, but it still needs planning on certain accounts. Places around the world differ from each other not only in their geography, demography, and culture but also in terms of political scenario, social well-being, resources, security and financial demands. Let us detail them:
- Political stability may vary from region to region. There are tourist spots reeling under political tension, with the government facing threats from opposing units and some may not even have a proper governing body. The civil procedures may be out of order and you can face hurdles to clear out your certificates and documents. In extreme cases, you may also get trapped amidst the chaos.
- With each country, there come different rules and regulations of immigration, travel, transport, stay, modes of communication and security. Getting well versed with the concerned protocols will help in your smooth expedition in the region.
- Some remote places will be lacking in proper infrastructure and resting places good enough to support families or single lady travellers. You may not come across medical centers in case of emergency in the immediate vicinity of your residing spot. You may also find it difficult to get local assistance in needy instances.
- We do have welcoming and tourist-friendly spots, but remaining cautious about any small disturbing elements will protect us from hidden dangers. Safe and comfortable stay is of utmost importance when you travel with your family, so ensuring the same is the top priority.
- Nature is unpredictable and no place can be guaranteed as completely safe. Disasters like earthquakes, storms, floods etc can come as uninvited guests anytime and anywhere. This is particularly risky when you go on adventure travels which may be in remote and less developed locations.
- Adventure trips may take you to remote stations where you can face difficulties in getting reliable means of communication, transport and even daily resources. Remaining well equipped is the key to enjoying the thrill.Prepare your power pack by including the following items:
- Emergency Medical Kit
- Snacks/ energy bars
- Umbrella or rain cover
- Battery light or torch
- Route plan/ itinerary
- Financial backups
- Communication tools
- ID proofs with copies
- Be confident about your physical strength and stamina before starting out on adventures which may call for strenuous activities. Under special circumstances, don’t hesitate to take a medical opinion on your physical status.
- Ensure that you have all your necessary documents along with you. Keep their copies and even soft copies in your email for retrieval at any time during the travel. Carry the originals of only the essential certificates for your trip to avoid extra baggage and chances of losing them.
- If you are going on international trips, notifying the governing officials such as at the embassy and immigration centers may help you when necessary. Informing your family or friends about your travel plan is also advisory.
- If you are planning to approach any tour operators, research well about the most reliable one. Do not keep economic factor as the only comparison point.Take into consideration the below factors also while deciding on your travel agent:
- You must get information about the type and comfort of the transport vehicles which they arrange to take you to the destination as well as for sightseeing.
- Get an idea of the travel route and the possible stops.
- Know your fellow members if going in a group.
- Get your places of stay confirmed and the facilities which will be given to you.
- Give your ears to all the instructions and briefing from the tour operators and transporters.
The Internet is at your fingertip and you can get information on anything on it. Use it well and check for catalogs before randomly picking up any destination and that should be your first homework. Above all, always be on senses and never lose your presence of mind, for your body needs the company of your mind in for enjoying every essence of your safe adventurous journey.